General Certificate of Conformity - Adult Clothing
- Identification of the product covered by this certificate:
Women's Bodysuits model CH-123 (Sizes XS-XL)
- Citation to each CPSC product safety regulation to which this product is being certified:
16 CFR Part 1610, Standard for the Flammability of Clothing Textiles.
- Identification of the U.S. importer or domestic manufacturer certifying compliance of the product:
45, E City Ave #323
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
- Contact information for the individual maintaining records of test results:
Tamar Daniel, Compliance Manager
45, E City Ave, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
(610) 680-7702, email@example.com
- Date and place where this product was manufactured:
October 2016, Suzhou, China
- Date and place where this product was tested:
N/A. Exempted from testing per 16 CFR § 1610(1)(d)
In this example, the bodysuits are exempt from testing because they are made from:
(d) Specific exemptions. Experience gained from years of testing in accordance with the Standard demonstrates that certain fabrics consistently yield acceptable results when tested in accordance with the Standard. Therefore, persons and firms issuing an initial guaranty of any of the following types of fabrics, or of products made entirely from one or more of these fabrics, are exempt from any requirement for testing to support guaranties of those fabrics:
(1) Plain surface fabrics, regardless of fiber content, weighing 2.6 ounces per square yard or more; and
(2) All fabrics, both plain surface and raised-fiber surface textiles, regardless of weight, made entirely from any of the following fibers or entirely from combination of the following fibers: acrylic, modacrylic, nylon, olefin, polyester, wool.
Mary Toro, Director, Division of Regulatory Enforcement, Office of Compliance, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, 4330 East-West Highway, Bethesda, MD 20814; telephone: (301)-504-7586 email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Commission votes to exercise the following enforcement discretion: Effective March 25, 2016, the Commission will not pursue compliance or enforcement actions against manufacturers, importers or private labelers for failure to certify or to issue, provide or make available to the Commission a general conformity certificate as required by 15 U.S.C. 2063(a)(1) with respect to adult wearing apparel that is exempt from testing pursuant to 16 CFR 1610.1(d).